Friday, September 20, 2013

Just a quick update

Peter appears to have lost some weight, so I've upped his kibble. He's also getting canned pumpkin.

  • Breakfast: 1 cup kibble (Nature's Recipe Venison and Rice formula), with 1 teaspoon of Missing Link
  • Midday: 1 Kong (about ⅓ cup of kibble, some peach yogurt, and mini-marshmallows)
  • Dinner: 1½ cup kibble, with 2 teaspoons of Missing Link and a heaping tablespoon of canned Pumpkin
  • Bedtime: 1 Kong (about ⅓ cup of kibble, some peach yogurt, and mini-marshmallows)

So that's nearly 3½ cups of kibble a day, a couple of tablespoons of yogurt, a rounded tablespoon of pumpkin. A couple of very tiny dog biscuits when I have to go out and leave him at home.

GRA Peter
Too busy with his Kong to pay any attention to me while I cooked.

Today, he had another half of a turkey neck. I'm leaving a day or two between turkey treats to make sure they're not bothering his stomach.

A new issue: he really, really wants to go out with me. I've been leaving him muzzled but uncrated when I'm not home, but I may need to go back to crating him to make sure there's no chance of him slipping out of the house as I leave and return.

No comments:

Post a Comment